0

The Right Moment Is Now

Posted by Tracie B on 11:32 AM in , , , ,
Over the years, I haven't been the best at letting people know how I really feel. Somewhere along the way, I started to equate emotion with weakness and had learned to control my emotions so well that nothing could affect me.

What I’ve learned is that you can’t live like that.

Just because you suppress an emotion, doesn’t mean that it doesn't exist and the longer you push it down, the more it’s going to try to manifest itself in other ways, which just does more harm than good. Sure, letting people in is scary; letting them see the ’real’ you opens you up to rejection and heartache but it also opens you up to acceptance and love. Wouldn’t you rather have someone in your life who loves you for who you are and not someone you pretend to be? Opening yourself up to isn’t a sign a sign of weakness; it’s a sign of strength. You’re strong enough to take a chance on the unknown. The outcome may not always be what you had hoped for but living your life and taking chances on people (and experiences), is so much better than wondering “what if”?



I missed out on so much in my 20’s because I was afraid to take chances. I over-analyzed everything I did and always worried what people thought of me but since I've turned 30, I’ve learned to stop worrying so much and to just enjoy life and be grateful and take advantage of every opportunity that I’m presented. I try not to take anyone (or anything) for granted anymore and when I have the chance, let them know how much I appreciate them.

When I started on my weight loss/life transformation journey, there were four people that had a huge impact on helping me to change my life. Two of them I had just met (and didn't know if I'd ever see them again) and the other two I had no idea if I'd ever get to meet but I vowed to myself that if I ever had the chance, I would tell them exactly just how much they had effected my life and how thankful I was for who they are and what they do. Saying “thank you” is such a small gesture, but sometimes it’s the little things that impact someone’s life the most.

I’ve been lucky. I was able to thank all four of those people for being such an inspiration for me and for just being them. A lot of time, people don’t realize the impact they’ve made on someone else’s life, so being able to thank them in person, and seeing their face light up is such an incredible, indescribable feeling. Saying ‘thank you’ has allowed me to give back, a little bit, to someone who has done so much to help me by just being them. And what better feeling is there then knowing that someone appreciates you for just being you?

If there’s something that you want to tell someone or something you want to do, just do it. Don’t wait until the ‘perfect’ moment (there is no such thing). Don’t wait until you think you know how the other person will react (because you never really do). Don’t worry so much about saying the right thing (the words will come to you) or not do something because you're worried you won't be good at it. (everyone has to start somewhere.). Put yourself out there and take a chance - on life and on yourself.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ Mark Twain
What’s more important? Living your life and taking chances or standing still and letting life pass you by? The choice is yours. Carpe diem.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Endless Forks All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.